My site host - flexibility

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I can only say good things about these scripts from a developers point of view they rock.  However to say 'use in production' I think you need to address some inflexibility.

For example, I have to create a web application to host mysites that is not the portal web application, this is hard coded in the scripts as far as I can see.  I know you will say this is best practice, however in the real world often  it is a choice between best practice and other requirements.

My current project requires the MySite host site collection to be hosted upon a managed path within the portal site collection, the scripts are looking for a web application of type mysite and this implies a separate web app as far as i can see.  I tried to configure the mysite collection inside the portal web app type and of course the scripts could then not find it.

This is not a negative post, I love the scripts, just think for production farms they need to be a little more flexible

Thanks for whats there, brilliant.

Brian T

Oct 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by brianlala on 11/3/2013 at 6:58 PM