Prerequiste Installer Error

Feb 22, 2011 at 6:58 AM

When I run the script I am getting the following error:

 

- Installing Prerequisite Software: - Running Prerequisite Installer... - Error:  - An unknown error occurred installing prerequisitesAt C:\SP2010\AutoSPInstaller\SP2010\AutoSPInstaller\AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1:175 char:18+             Else {throw <<<<  " - An unknown error occurred installing prerequisites"}    + CategoryInfo          : OperationStopped: ( - An unknown e...g prerequis    ites:String) [], RuntimeException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId :  - An unknown error occurred installing prerequi    sites **********************Windows PowerShell Transcript EndEnd time: 20110222195324

 

Would really appreciate some help please, if any other information is required; please advise.

Feb 22, 2011 at 10:13 PM

I have got around this error by manually installing the prerequisites and commenting out the call to the prerequisite execution.

Not pretty :( Would still like help if possible.

Coordinator
Feb 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

In the XML, are you specifying an Offline install of the prerequisites? If so, ensure that everything has been pre-downloaded and is in the correct folder (\PreRequisiteInstallerFiles).

Brian

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I was getting the same error, with Offline and online. It's running now, here is what I did:

used the Download-All-SP2010_PreReqs.ps1 - Result: PrerequisiteInstallerFiles (with files contained within)

moved PrerequisiteInstallerFiles to folder SP2010

copied PrerequisiteInstaller.exe to SP2010 Folder. <-This may be what it is looking for

It appears to be working...at least with Offline set to false.

HTH

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:12 PM

"I have got around this error by manually installing the prerequisites and commenting out the call to the prerequisite execution."

 

This was very helpful to me when encountering:

" - Installing Prerequisite Software:
 - Running Prerequisite Installer...
WARNING: 2011-04-11 14:58:02 - Error: Custom file location is not accessible"

Seems like for me it's just better to run the pre-requisite checker manually before starting the script.

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:39 AM

Hey Ruess - You will get "Error: Custom file location is not accessible" error if you do not specify the full file name including the extention. In my case i was omitting the file extention (for instance was just specifying dotnetfx35, where as i should have used dotnetfx35.exe). So remember to speficy the extention in the file name.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Edited Jul 27, 2012 at 1:02 AM

copying PrerequisiteIntaller.exe to SP2010 folder worked for me as well.