v2 installation problem - Creating Metadata Service Application

Feb 11, 2011 at 8:18 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2011 at 8:21 AM

Hi!

I've been testing this excellent script but have run into a problem.

The script hangs at the step "Creating Metadata Service Application" and does not continue.

I can see that the MetaDataDB is created in SQL, and that the Metadata Service Application appears in Central Admin under Manage Service Applications. When I select Metadata Service Application under Service applications I get an error: "The Service Application being requested does not have a Connection associated with the Central Administration web application. To access the term management tool use Site Settings from a site configured with the appropriate Connection." Any ideas?

I'm running Windows 2008 R2, SQL 2008 Standard SP2 CU2 (on same machine). This is the first server in the Farm.

Thanks!

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM

The only thing that pops to mind is that perhaps that SP/CU level combination isn't compatible with SharePoint 2010 (but it should be...?). What I would do is run ULSViewer.exe in the background while you run the script - it will highlight any critical errors and may give some clues as to why it's crapping out (I've never seen this before).

You can get ULSViewer from http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/ULSViewer

Brian

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:48 PM

Thanks Brian, I'll give that a try!