Create Mysite under Portal Web App

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2010 at 5:19 PM

I was just wondering if you have thought of an automated solution on adding the Mysite under the Portal web app?

I would still want it to have its own content DB but if it falls under the same web app and main URL this would help having to purchase more then one SSL cert if it is open to the outside world.

I am currently working on that chunk of script but I do not know how logically you would incorporate it.

I also noticed that MySiteRelativeURL is not used in the script.

Developer
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:24 PM

The reason for the seperation is that this is a good/recommended design.  You will notice that a default next/next/next install using the wizard does what you want and installs the MySites under the same web application.   In regards to databases, if you do it this was you need to be very careful as the content databases are per web application and you will have to manually manage (or script) which content database the site collection is created in if you want the seperation (not ideal).

It should be easier to make your change in the v2 scripts that are being worked on,  might be worth taking a look at these.  You can download the scripts now, but a little more testing still needed on these.