Issue with New-SPManagedAccount

May 21, 2010 at 2:37 PM

The script is having a issue with making a new managed account. I tried filling the credentails in the setinputs file and by prompting . But I still get this errormessage:

- Registering managed account LITWAREINC\AppPool2

New-SPManagedAccount : Some or all identity references could not be translated.At C:\Scripts\AutoSPInstaller.ps1:933 char:22+     New-SPManagedAccount <<<<  -Credential $cred_AppPoolAcct    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share...wManagedAccount:SPCmdletNewMa   dAccount], IdentityNotMappedException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell.SPCmdletNewManagedAccount

Here is what my setinputs.xml looks like

<CentralAdminPort>    </CentralAdminPort>

May 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM
Edited May 22, 2010 at 1:58 AM

Hi, so does your LITWAREINC\AppPool2 account already exist in Active Directory, prior to running the script? The script won't actually create accounts in AD, it'll just add existing accounts as Managed Accounts in SharePoint.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I am also encountering this issue but when the script runs the New-SPWebApplication. After the registration of the setup account as a managed account fails (not sure if it is connected), the script moves on and tries to create the Portal web app and then aborts with this error.

This may be a n00b question, but am I supposed to change every DOMAIN reference in the input.xml file to my domain's actual NetBIOS name?

Sep 24, 2013 at 11:49 AM
I have the same Problem!
Do you have solved the Problem? Please write the answer!
Sep 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I solved the problem. It was but because these are the names too long. But simply shorten the names is not enough. If you come across the problem and the script executes several times, then is no longer possible. You have to install the snapshot back and front with the right name